Agents' Advocate Bulletin
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
Oregon Primary Election Results
Oregon’s Primary Election was held on 5/15/18. Results show a push toward the left with liberal Democrats’ wins. For insurance interests, former House Representative Shemia Fagan defeated Sen. Rod Monroe. She had consistently supported trial lawyers’ positions on insurance-related issues during her tenure as chair of a business committee.
When the final votes are tallied, PIA will publish the list of those qualifying to run for the November General Election.
Below are some articles on Primary Election results:
Liberal Democrats' primary wins could push Legislature further to the left
Oregon 2018 primary election results (live updates)
Buehler beats back challenge from the right in GOP primary
Val Hoyle becomes Bureau of Labor and Industries commissioner in Oregon primary
Democrats List Outstanding Candidates
According to a FuturePAC press release, among the outstanding Democratic candidates for the November primary are:
• Michelle Blum Atkinson in House District 6 (Medford). She is an entrepreneur, non-profit administrator, and community organizer focused on helping people succeed in the Rogue Valley.
• Marty Wilde in House District 11 (Central Linn and Lane Counties). He is the executive director of the Lane County Medical Society, a military veteran, colonial in the Air National Guard, and attorney fighting for Central Linn and Lane Counties.
• Mike Ellison in House District 19 (Salem). He is a union electrician and environmental activist working to empower people to reach their potential.
• Tiffiny Mitchell in House District 32 (North Coast). She is an advocate for children who is focused on fighting for working families on the North Coast.
• Rachel Prusak in House District 37 (West Linn and Tualatin). She is a nurse practitioner committed to building a healthy community.
• Anna Williams in House District 52 (Sandy and Hood River). She is a mother, social worker and longtime community volunteer in Hood River, fighting to expand opportunity for everyone.
• Nathan Boddie in House District 54 (Bend). He is a physician and Bend City Councilor. He is a committed champion for Central Oregon.
Please Help PIA – Oregon – PAC
Our Professional insurance Agents of Oregon Political Action Committee needs your help. We have fallen to record lows in the number and amount of contributions this year. A letter was sent to all agents recently. Please donate today to PIA-Oregon-PAC and send to:
Sue Smith, PIA Western Alliance, 3205 NE 78th St. Suite 104, Vancouver WA 98665.
PIA Oregon Lobbyist
P.O. Box 1517
Wilsonville, OR 97070